Buy finger hash is the product of trimming wet cannabis plants. Cannabis plants are very sticky, especially when they still growing and wet. While handling and trimming plants, the resin stalks (trichomes) get rubbed onto growers hands/gloves and scissors. By rubbing the trichomes off the hands/gloves/scissors, you get essentially wet kief. The product is often discoloured (due to plant matter, dirt, etc) and gummy in texture
If you’re looking to cook weed edibles or make cannabutter with scissor hash, first you’ll need to know how to decarb scissor hash to activate the THC.
Decarboxylation is a process where THCA (the primary cannabinoid in scissor hash ) changes into THC that can be processed by your body. THCA by itself won’t have psychoactive effects, so eating raw scissor hash won’t get you high.
Here is the best way to decarboxylate scissor hash
Decarboxylation of scissor hash
- Break it into very small pieces (as fine as you can with your fingers) and spread out on a piece of parchment paper on an oven-safe pan.
- Bake at 250 ℉ for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before making it into scissor hash cannabutter or using in your favorite recipe.
What is scissor hash?
Scissor hash is obtained during the marijuana trimming process. You can use a razor blade to scrape off the accumulated trichome resin from your trimmers, and then roll it in your fingers to make small balls.
When can you smoke scissor hash?
Scissor hash is something your can smoke right away while your buds are still drying and curing, it’s a special treat reserved for trimmers and growers.
It often does contain plant material, which will make it into any edibles recipes. Some growers like to let their scissor hash cure a while similar to what you’d do with buds so that the plant content can start to break down which they feel rewards them with a smoother, less harsh smoke.
Weed edible recipes using scissor hash
If you’re looking to make weed edible recipes using scissor hash, after you know how to decarb scissor hash you can make cannabutter with it.
Since scissor hash may not fully dissolve into the butter due to the small chunks of plant material it often contains, you’ll want to pick a recipe where dark specks won’t be problematic. This sediment will settle to the bottom when cooling, so it’s easy to exclude from your recipe. But since some of these chunks are small bits of undissolved scissor hash, not including them may reduce potency.
- For example, a scissor hash edibles recipe that works well to disguise any small chunks that remain in the butter would be the classic fudge brownies made with cannabutter.
- Another good choice would be snowball weed cookies. For these, also known as Russian tea cake cookies, skim the cannabutter and leave the sediment behind since dark specks would look odd.
- If you wanted to use scissor hash in a drink such as hot-buttered rum with cannabutter you’d want to avoid adding the sediment unless you wanted a drink with a gritty finish.